Blog Tour Organising / Services for Publishers and Authors

▼

Friday, 25 September 2026

Getting Away With Murder by Shari Lapena #gettingawaywithmurder @sharilapena @bantambooksuk #bookreview #thriller



She loves her husband. But she might love their house more . . .

Jill and Ted adore their New York brownstone the way others adore their children. They have carefully, expensively, made every inch of it their own. It reflects who they are, their status and tastes. With the grand mahogany staircase and state-of-the-art kitchen, it is the stuff of glossy magazines and real-estate dreams. It is their sanctuary.

So when Ted’s inheritance runs out and he makes a bad investment, they panic. How can they protect their beloved home and enviable lifestyle?

The answer is obvious. Or at least, it is obvious to Jill and Ted. The death of one wealthy family member could solve all their problems. Together, they will get away with murder.

As long as they trust each other.

And as long as there are no surprises . . .




Getting Away With Murder by Shari Lapena was published on 19 July 2026 by Bantam/Transworld. My thanks to the publisher who sent my copy for review. 

Oh, I do love a Shari Lapena book! I've been a huge fan since The Couple Next Door and have read every one of her books since. There's always such a lovely feeling of anticipation when a new one arrives, because I just know I'm going to be in for a treat. However, I really do think Getting Away With Murder might be my favourite yet! I read this one on the plane travelling to Canada and it was the perfect read for my journey. 

Jill and Ted have everything they could possibly want, including a gorgeous New York brownstone that they absolutely adore. They've spent a fortune on it, and their beautiful home and fancy lifestyle mean everything to them. Unfortunately, they've also spent more money than they actually have, and things are beginning to look decidedly shaky.

They're desperate to hang on to everything they've worked for, and their solution to their financial problems is, well, quite shocking!

I absolutely flew through this book. Once I'd started, I really didn't want to put it down. Shari Lapena has such a knack for creating characters who make the most dreadful decisions, and then somehow manages to make me desperate to find out what they'll do next.

Jill and Ted are not particularly likeable people, and I don't think they're supposed to be. They're selfish, entitled and completely wrapped up in their own little world. I found them fascinating, though, and their relationship is one of the things that makes this story so entertaining. Watching the cracks begin to appear in their seemingly perfect marriage is quite delicious!

There's a brilliant sense of unease throughout and I also really enjoyed the dark humour. There were moments when I couldn't quite believe what I was reading, and others when I almost wanted to shout at the characters. It's all very very entertaining.

This is exactly the sort of thriller I adore. Fast-paced, packed with tension, full of surprises and impossible to leave alone. Do not promise yourself that you'll stop at the end of the next chapter, you won't! 

I've loved Shari Lapena's books for years, but she's really excelled herself with this one. What a fabulous read! I already know it's going to be one of my favourite thrillers of the year. Recommended. 


Shari Lapena is the number one internationally bestselling author of ten stand-alone
thrillers. 

Her debut thriller, The Couple Next Door, was a global phenomenon, selling over four million copies worldwide. 

It was named WHSmith’s Book of the Year in 2016 and became the UK’s No. 1 bestselling adult fiction title in 2017. 

Her recent novels include Everyone Here Is Lying and She Didn’t See It Coming. 

Shari’s thrillers have been Sunday Times and New York Times bestsellers, and four have been selected for the Richard & Judy Book Club. 

A former lawyer and English teacher, Shari now writes from a farm in Ontario. 

Her books are published in over forty territories, translated into dozens of languages, and optioned for film and television.


Facebook: /ShariLapena
Instagram: sharilapena






No comments:

Post a Comment