Sunday 21 July 2013

My Fabulous Prize - from Weidenfeld & Nicolson Publisher

Yesterday was a first class day!   I had a lovely day out in Yorkshire, ate some great food and had some belly laughs.   I also took delivery of an amazing parcel ~ my prize in W&N Publisher's recent 'Where'd You Go Bernadette' competition on Twitter.


iPad Mini
When I saw the Tweet announcing that I was the winner, I was thrilled to bits.  I do enter quite a few Twitter and Facebook competitions and have been fairly lucky in winning small prizes; books, chocolates etc, but have never won first prize before, and never ever anything as exciting as an iPad Mini!

I'm just delighted with it.  We have a regular iPad that Martin and I fight over - he usually wins!  So it's great
to have my own nifty little iPad, and I much prefer it to the regular iPad.  It's white and slim and so neat, just perfect for me.  Now I'm off to see if I can get a cute case for it.  

The competition was part of the publicity campaign for Maria Semple's novel Where'd You Go Bernadette and all I had to do was identify where Bernadette was in the picture that W&N tweeted.  The parcel also contained a slinky yellow headscarf and some really cool 60s style sunglasses - so I can dress up and 'be' Bernadette if I want to!

I've read loads of great reviews of Where'd You Go Bernadette and can't wait to get stuck into it.  I'll post my thoughts on here just as soon as I've read it.

So, thanks to W&N, I'm really thrilled with my prize.   Keep on entering those competitions everyone, you can't be a winner if you don't take part!

Good Luck!!

3 comments:

  1. A wonderful win Anne, congratulations. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great prize Anne. You do so much for authors, publishers and readers, so it's very well-deserved.
    Angi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have loved this book cover. Looking forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete